Urausy FBI Ransomware Infection is a computer infection that is classified as ransomware. This screenlocker threat is distributed by Trojan that enters the system surreptitiously and then performs particular changes in the registry that allows Urausy FBI Ransomware Infection to take over your system. The malware locks you out of your desktop and then demands a ransom fee that you are supposed to pay as soon as possible, otherwise your computer will be locked forever. Needless to say, that the message displaying by Urausy FBI Ransomware Infection virus is fake and you need to remove the ransomware infection at once, because paying is not an option.
This ransomware infection is delivered by Trojan.Urausy.A and it is from the same group computer threats as FBI Virus, GVU Virus, Metropolitan Police Virus and others. Urausy FBI Ransomware Infection is a ransomware infection variant intended for the United States and so it asks for a 200 USD ransom fee. The malware claims that the computer had to be locked because you have been involved in illegal cyber activity. A list of supposed offenses is presented in the message that is displayed on your screen. The extract of the message is presented below:
Your PC is blocked due at least one of the reasons specified blow.
You have been violating "Copyright and Related Rights Law" (Video, Music, Software) and illegally using or distributing copyrighted content, thus infringing Article 1, Section 1, Clause 8, also known as the Copyright of the Criminal Code of United States of America.
Fines may only be paid within 72 hours after the infringement. As soon as 72 hours elapse, the possibility to pay the fine expires, and a criminal case is initiated against you automatically within the next 72 hours!
To unblock the computer, you must pay the fine through MoneyPak of $200.
Although the message might look legitimate considering that Urausy FBI Ransomware Infection makes use of the FBI logo, but none of the accusations are real and you should not pay a single cent. As you can see, Urausy FBI Ransomware Infection is using MoneyPak (an alternative payment system) to collect ransom fees, and it enables the malware to target even those users who do not have bank accounts.
Either way, do not pay anything, because Urausy FBI Ransomware Infection virus would never unlock your computer. You will only lose your money, and your system will remain paralyzed. In order to unlock your PC, follow the instructions below:
Windows Vista & Windows 7
1. Reboot the computer and tap F8 key repeatedly once BIOS screen disappears.
2. Use arrow keys to navigate and select Safe Mode with Networking from the Advanced Boot Options menu. Press Enter.
3. Access http://www.411-spyware.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
4. Install the program and launch a full system scan.
1. Follow the steps 1 and 2 above.
2. When a confirmation dialog box appears click Yes.
3. Download SpyHunter.
4. Open Start and launch Run.
5. Type "msconfig" and press Enter.
6. Click Startup tab on System Configuration Utility.
7. Click Disable All and click OK to save changes.
8. Restart your computer in Normal Mode.
9. Install SpyHunter and perform a full system scan to detect Urausy FBI Ransomware Infection.
Should you have any questions regarding this ransomware infection, leave a comment below.