If you have a French IP address you might be a subject to the Police Natione Virus infection. Although it is called a virus, it not exactly a computer virus in all senses of the word. In reality Police Natione Virus is a ransomware application. It means that your system is not the first thing it targets. It only makes use of it in order to get to your money. In other words - Police Natione Virus blocks your desktop so that it could ask for a ransom fee.
There are many ransomware applications around. Police Natione Virus belongs to the Ukash Virus family. There are more than 10 ransomware infections intended for the French-speaking users, and Police Natione Virus is one of them. Other notorious infections from this group include FBI Moneypak, GEMA Virus, Northern Constabulary E-crime Unit Virus and others. Police Natione Virus tries to scare the user into thinking that he has committed serious crimes and therefore his computer has been locked. This is the message that Police Natione Virus displays:
Votre ordinateur à été verrouillé
Des morceaux de musique telecharges illegalement (pirates) ont ete localises sur votre ordinateur.
Pour deverrouiller votre ordinateur et d'eviter d'autres consequences juridiques, vous etes oblige de payer une charge de liberation de 100 €.
The message displayed by Police Natione Virus says that illegally acquired music files have been detected on your computer, and it has been determined that everything has been downloaded by your IP address. Police Natione Virus says that you will face various fines and even a possible imprisonment sentence of up to a few years. However, you can put an end to this, if you pay a 100 euro fine. Basically, Police Natione Virus tries to imply that you will be let off the hook, if you pay the ransom fee.
Take note that Police Natione Virus has nothing to do with the French Police authorities. It is an infection that targets your money and it will never unlock your computer, even if you pay. You can only unlock it yourself when you take the following steps to remove Police Natione Virus from your system:
1. Reboot the computer and press F8 while the system loads. System boot menu will show up.
2. Select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
3. When system loads, open the Internet browser and download SpyHunter.
4. Install SpyHunter and remove Police Natione Virus.
For Windows XP:
1. Follow the steps from 1 to 3.
2. Open Start Menu and click on RUN.
3. Type "msconfig" into the RUN box and hit Enter.
4. Click on Startup tab from System Configuration menu and uncheck all the programs on the list. Click OK to save changes. Exit the menu.
5. Restart your computer in Normal mode. Install SpyHunter.
6. Launch the program and remove Police Natione Virus for good.