Searchamong.com Redirect is a browser hijacker which you can find on your browsers unexpectedly. This unwanted application is installed as a toolbar or add-on on such browsers as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. Normally it is installed alongside freeware applications downloaded from suspicious websites. Are you constantly redirected to searchamong.com? If so, you should make sure that this add-on is removed from the system.
Searchamong.com alters the settings of the home page of the browsers and provides adequate search results. However, the most disturbing feature of this unwanted search engine is that you are redirected to it constantly. One more thing which you may not like is ads that appear above search results. If you do not pay attention to the hyperlink given and look only to the headline related to your keyword you may visit a website which is absolutely irrelevant to your search. All advertisements which may appear during your browsing sessions are said not to be related to Searchamong.com and its toolbar. To avoid risk, we recommend that you remove Searchamong.com from the system and your browsers.
1. Click Start.
2. Select Control Panel.
3. Windows Vista/7 users have to click on Uninstall a program, whereas Windows XP users have to click on Add or Remove Programs.
4. Find SearchAmong Toolbar and uninstall it.
1. Open the Charm bar.
2. Select Settings - > Control Panel.
3. Click on Uninstall a program.
4. Select and remove SearchAmong Toolbar.
1. In the open browser, click on Tools - > Manage Add-ons - > Enable or Disable Add-ons.
2. In the Show box you should select “Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer”.
3. Select the unwanted Add-on and disable it.
4. Click OK to confirm.
5. To change the home page, click on Tools - > Internet Options.
6. Open the General tab.
7. Click on Use default or type in your new home page and press Apply to confirm.
1. Open the browser.
2. Click on Tools - > Add-ons.
3. In the section Extensions, find the unwanted add-on, select and remove it.
4. To change the home page, open the Tools menu - > Options.
5. Open the General tab and change the home page.
6. Press OK to save changes.
1. Open the browser.
2. Open the 3-bar icon (in other versions it can be a wrench or gear icon).
3. Select Tools.
4. Open the section Extensions and disable the unwanted add-on.
5. To change the home page, Go to Settings.
6. Find the section On startup.
7. Find Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
8. Remove SearchAmong and type a new page.
9. Press OK to save the change.
It is very likely that some components of Searchamong.com Redirect may remain within the system, which is why you should scan it to learn whether anything related to the hijacker has to be removed. To do so, we recommend that you click on the button below and download a free scanner. It is a safe and reliable product which will cost you nothing, so do not hesitate and make sure that your privacy and the PC are protected.