Protectedsearch.com Redirect Removal Guide
Download Remover for Protectedsearch.com Redirect *
Protectedsearch.com Redirect is a troublemaker which computer users want to remove from their PCs because they are regularly bombarded with unwanted pop-ups and redirected to Protectedsearch.com. If you are looking for the answer to the question how to remove Protectedsearch.com, here you will learn how to do it easily.
The website causing the redirection is set as your home page and your search provider after you download and install a program which has some add-ons attached. Usually it happens when a toolbar is installed. Additionally, it installs a browser helper object and monitors how you browse the Internet in order to use the information for advertising purposes in the future.
If you are redirected to Protectedsearch.com or other pages, you should remove the applications because of which you are experiencing browsing difficulties. Moreover, you should ignore pop-up advertisements and notifications offering you to bid some money for an iPhone or buy other items or services. The advertisements provided by Protectedsearch.com Redirect can redirect you to malicious websites, so if you do not want to get the PC infected, do not click on the annoying pop-ups but remove Protectedsearch.com.
In order to protect your privacy, you should have a powerful spyware removal tool installed so that you can scan the PC whenever you feel the need. Hence, we recommend that you install SpyHunter which can remove various computer infections. Moreover, you can remove Protectedsearch.com Redirect from your browsers and the system with the help of our step-by-step guidelines presented below:
Uninstall programs associated with Protectedsearch.com
- Open the Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and remove programs associated with Protectedsearch.com.
- Open the start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program (under the heading Programs).
- Double-click on the programs you want to remove and select Uninstall.
- Move the mouse to the very bottom left corner of the screen to get the mini metro screen and right-click.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you want to remove and select Uninstall.
Remove Protectedsearch.com Redirect from your browsers:
- Once you open the browser, hit Alt+F and go to Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted add-on.
- To replace Protectedsearch.com with a new search engine, click on Settings on the left-hand side of the browser.
- Find the On startup section and click on Set pages.
- Remove Protectedsearch.com and type in the address of a new website. Press OK.
- In the Search section, click on Manage search engines.
- Remove Protectedsearch.com by clicking on “X” and set a new search engine. To do so, move the mouse over the website and click on Make default or add a new one manually.
- Press OK to confirm.
- Open the browser and press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- When the Manage Add-ons window pops up, click on Toolbars and Extensions (left side of the window).
- Disable the unwanted add on.
- To change your search provider, click on Search Providers on the left side of the window and remove Protectedsearch.com. Close the window.
- Again press Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, change the home page into the one you want and press Apply to save the changes.
- Open the browser.
- Hit Ctrl+Shift+A to open Extensions.
- In the Extensions section, remove the unwanted add-on.
- To restore your default settings, click on the Firefox icon, go to Help - > Troubleshooting Information and press the Reset Firefox button.
We advise you to scan the PC with SpyHunter as only a professional spyware removal tool can define whether any malign components are left within the system. Click on the button below and download a free scanner, which will run an in-depth scan and show you what files should be deleted right now.
*SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter.