Metropolitan Police Total Policing Virus is a dangerous ransomware infection whose only goal is to get your money by deception. More precisely, a Trojan infection, which enters the system through its vulnerabilities, displays a full-screen message in behalf of the Metropolitan Police. In reality the Metropolitan Police, also known as New Scotland Yard, do not use this type of method for contacting alleged suspects.
The message you see on your screen has been created by cyber criminals who might be related to such ransomware infection as Calculatorul Dvs Este Blocat Virus, Computeren er Blevet Blokeret virus, Stop Online Piracy MoneyPak Virus, and others. Therefore, if your Metropolitan Police Total Policing warning has the same or similar wording as given below, ignore everything and remove the infection:
Your computer has been locked!
System encryptor is a program developed by the Police Central e-crime Unit aimed at prevent crime and illegal activity on the Internet.
Your PC is locked an encrypted due to at least one of the reasons specified below
Warning! Files on your hard drive were encrypted. To avoid data loss do not try to restore, reinstall your Operating System on unlock it manually. Decryption will start automatically after your payment or after diagnostics by our experts in a case of criminal case.
Like the majority of ransomware infections, Metropolitan Police Total Policing Virus presents false accusations due to which you are expected to pay a fine of 100 Euros via Ukash. We strongly advise you not to pay the ransom money as you can unlock the computer using a spyware removal program. You will not lose your personal data which is stored on the computer if you take measures to kill the unwanted threat, so act now to remove the virus.
If you do not know what anti-spyware program to use, here you will find the best tool for dealing with Metropolitan Police Total Policing Virus. We recommend that you use SpyHuner, which should be installed according to the following instructions in order for it not to be blocked by the violent virus.
1. Restart the computer.
2. Start tapping the F8 button once the BIOS screen disappears to open the Boot Options menu.
3. Using the arrow keys, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
4. Open the browser and type http://www.411-spyware.com/download-sph to download SpyHunter.
5. Install the file you have just downloaded.
6. Scan the PC to detect and remove Metropolitan Police Total Policing Virus.
1. After you reboot the computer, get ready to start tapping the F8 key once the BIOS screen providing you with information on your hardware disappears.
2. Using the arrow keys, move to Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
3. When a dialog box pops up, click on Yes.
4. Open the Start menu and launch Run.
5. In the Open box, type “msconfig” and press OK.
6. Open the Startup tab and uncheck all startup entries.
7. Click on Apply and close the window.
8. Go to our websites and download SpyHunter.
9. Reboot the computer.
10. Run the installer.
11. Once the installation is completed, scan the PC for the virus.